What I Wore Today: Summer Suave
June 26th, 2015
Rule #1 of Articles of Style: bring your “A Game” every day!
Use the comments section below to tell us who’s style you’re appreciating today.
- “Center Dent” straw hat by Stetson ·
- Sunglasses by Vint & York ·
- Khaki hairline stripe shirt by Proper Cloth ·
- Chocolate suede tassel loafers by Paul Evans
- · Blue Linen/Silk Herringbone Suit Jacket by Ariston
Nobody wears distressed menswear like downtown LA designer Alejandro Rodriguez. From the vintage hat, to the torn-up layering tee, to the beat-up denim, to the roughed-up cowboy boots. This is one version of West Coast style that we are really feeling lately.
- Hat Vintage ·
- Pleated front shirt by Beautiful Ful ·
- Distressed tank top by Beautiful Ful ·
- Jeans by Beautiful Ful ·
- Boots Vintage
Remember the bespoke jeans that I had made by Camillo Love? He also made this pair for our Art Director Alex, using an over-dyed indigo denim from Japan. In true Articles of Style fashion, Alex is keeping them casually tailored today.
- “Open Road” Felt hat by Stetson ·
- Blue Stripe Shirt ·
- Navy Jeans by Red Cotton Denim ·
- Brown double monks by Cobbler Union
- · Grey Vest Custom
Our friend Ernie also knows a thing or two about mixing and matching suit separates. Today it’s a double-breasted formal jacket in a tropical wool with a pair of linen-blend glenplaid trousers.
He’s a man of detail, as you can see by the perfectly folded pocket square and just the right amount of tie bar elevation.
- Black 2×1 Double-Breasted Tropical Jacket ·
- White Club Collar Shirt ·
- Suede tassel loafers by Zegna
- · Glenplaid Wool/Linen Trousers
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,