What I Wore Today: Comfortable Summer Tailoring
June 4th, 2015
Rule #1 of Articles of Style: bring your “A Game” every day!
“Comfortable Summer Tailoring”
Use the comments section below to tell us who’s style you’re appreciating today.
Neil – Toronto
A rare casual sighting of photographer/editor Neil Watson up in Toronto – cashmere on cashmere, lightweight scarf, cargo pants, sneakers. He has a knack for keeping it clean and simple, something we could all learn from at times.
- Wool Cashmere Unlined Jacket ·
- Sweater by Sns Herning ·
- Scarf by Etro ·
- Pocket square by Luciano Barbera ·
- Cargos by Incotex ·
- Sneakers by Dior
Dan – Los Angeles
Alejandro Rodriguez is becoming one of my new favorite menswear designers, and this suede/leather/waxed cotton varsity jacket is my favorite piece from his current collection. Can’t go wrong with earth tones – like beiges, greens, and browns – at any time of the year.
Andre – Nashville
The good doctor always brings his A-game – in life, in teaching, in inspiring, and of course, in dressing. Today it’s all about a bespoke silk double-breasted suit (but by Len), a custom made straw fedora, a splash of Spring color, and a vintage pair of crocodile tassel loafers. Well done sir, as always.
- Straw hat by Worth and Worth ·
- Shirt by Phineas Cole ·
- Tie by Turnball & Asser ·
- Pink socks by the Oxford Shop (Nashville, TN) ·
- Vintage crocodile tassel loafers by Ralph Lauren
- · Midnight Blue Silk Blend Suit
Jared – Melbourne
Down in Australia our friend Jared Acquaro continues to bring back classic tailoring, with perfect proportions, high-waisted trousers, and smart pattern-mixing. Bonus points for the unique color coordinating here.
- Windowpane sportcoat by Oscar Hunt Tailors ·
- Textured White Broadcloth Shirt ·
- Tie by Passaggio Cravatte ·
- Pochette by Christian Kimber ·
- Socks by Fortis Green ·
- Monkstrap loafers by Loake
Thanks for reading, and special thanks for the gentlemen for participating!
Yours in style,