Celebrate like a Gentleman: Dinner Jackets
December 26th, 2014
New Year’s Eve – the one night a year that calls for a dinner jacket – is just around the corner.
There’s no better way to start a new year than partying like a gentleman.
Here are some ideas on celebrating in style.
Shawl Dinner Jacket
The shawl dinner jacket (in black, midnight blue or charcoal grey) is a staple in a well-dressed gentleman’s wardrobe. Look for a trim-cut jacket with a one-button front and you’ll be covered for formal events as well as casual evenings out (more on that later).
Velvet Evening Jacket
As we mentioned in our Guide to Holiday Styles, velvet is for celebrating. Burgundy perforated velvet, with cashmere trousers, is for celebrating all night long.
- Perforated velvet dinner jacket by Gucci ·
- Black silk tie by Ralph Lauren Black Label ·
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic ·
- White/black micro check cashmere trousers by Hickey ·
- Black leather loafers by Bally
- · White Dress Shirt by Hugo Boss
Off-White Show Piece
For the bolder man, there’s the off-white dinner jacket (and a midnight blue velvet trouser/waistcoat combo).
- Off-white shawl dinner jacket by Our Legacy ·
- Black silk grosgrain bowtie by Brooks Brothers ·
- Black leather shoes by Incedo
- · White formal shirt by Hugo Boss
Thanks, as always, for reading. Hope you’re gearing up for a fantastic New Year celebration!
Yours in style,