Holiday Party Styles
December 12th, 2014
It’s holiday party season, time to break-out some festive seasonal pieces and enjoy the company of family, friends, and co-workers.
Before you go spiking the egg nog at the company party, remember the old saying “the better you dress, the worse you can behave”.
Here are some outfit ideas for the upcoming party circuit.
There’s no better time than a holiday party to break-out that velvet dinner jacket that you’ve been waiting for an occasion to wear. Velvet is the champagne of menswear fabrics; it’s made for celebratory occasions.
If you’re going with a velvet dinner jacket, go all out. I’m talking bowtie, dinner shirt, tux trousers, cummerbund, and an elegant overcoat like this faux-fur trimmed beauty.
- “Brody” Shawl Collar Coat by Reiss ·
- “Jenson” Bordeaux Velvet Jacket by Reiss ·
- Grey flannel bowtie by Zegna ·
- Grey birdseye cummerbund Vintage ·
- “Claridge” Tuxedo Trousers by Reiss ·
- Black leather loafers by Bally
- · White hidden placket formal shirt by Boss Black
If the party attire is “semi formal” or “business dress” here’s a simple winning formula: charcoal suit, white shirt, black knit tie, stone grey mac.
It’s similar to what you might wear to the office, but leaning more toward formal evening wear.
- “Talbot” Stone Cotton Mac by Reiss ·
- Black silk knit tie by Ralph Lauren Black Label ·
- Black leather shoes by Incedo
- · Charcoal double-breasted suit
- · “Bond” White dress shirt by Ralph Lauren Black Label
If it’s a casual get together, pull out that camel topcoat that we’ve been recommending.
Throw is over a textured jacket, a simple jumper, and a casual-cool band collar shirt. Finish the look with a patterned scarf and some sharp dress boots and you are sure to be the best-dressed guy at the party.
- Floral scarf by Gucci ·
- “Nehru” Band Collar Shirt by Waraire Boswell ·
- Burgundy honeycomb knit jumper by Reiss ·
- “Snowdon” flecked jacket by Reiss ·
- Washed denim by Natural Selection London ·
- Oxblood boots by Scarpe di Bianco
Thanks, as always, for reading and Happy Holidays!
Yours in style,