3 Jeans to Upgrade Your Wardrobe
December 15th, 2014
You got your dark blue jeans, your light washed jeans, maybe even a pair of white denim for the Spring/Summer. By now you’re probably getting tired of repeating the same jeans and looking like every other guy on the block.
Here are three pairs of jeans that will instantly amp up your casual wardrobe.
Waxed jeans, especially in black, have an edge to them. Call them “urban”, call them “street”, just wear them out late with a black leather jacket, soft knit sweater, and sleek chukka boots to make your night out a little more exciting.
- Black leather jacket by Beautiful Ful ·
- Grey cashmere crewneck sweater by Nudie Jeans ·
- Grey scoop neck t-shirt by Alexander Wang ·
- Waxed overdyed jeans by Beautiful Ful ·
- Tumbled leather chukka boots by Amsterdam Shoe Co
A tastefully distressed jean, although hard to find, is perfect to offset a clean and simple casual look, like this olive trench and cream crewneck.
As you can tell from the first two looks in this article, I’ve been loving the “reverse layering” approach with long tees peeking out under shorter sweaters. It gives you the feeling of a layered look, while keeping the neckline clean and open.
- Brown Felt hat by Stetson ·
- Olive side vented trench by Beautiful Ful ·
- Raw hem sweatshirt by Beautiful Ful ·
- Extended slingshot tee by Beautiful Ful ·
- Washed distressed jeans by Beautiful Ful ·
- Captoe leather boots by Cobbler Union
And lastly, the classiest jean of them all; wool flannel.
Cut from tailored cloth, these are a cross between winter suit trousers and classic 5-pocket jeans. They’re warmer and more comfortable than tradition denim, and definitely more suave.
- Khaki bomber jacket by Gucci ·
- Cream mock-neck sweater by Gucci ·
- Grey flannel Jeans by Zegna ·
- Brown suede Ring belt by Brooks Brothers ·
- Chocolate suede captoe boots by Johnston & Murphy
Thanks, as always, for reading. For more on buying and fitting jeans, check out our guide to breaking-in denim.
Yours in style,