What I Wore Today: NY Winter Edition
February 12th, 2014
Articles of Style rule #1: Always bring your ‘A’ game.
“NY Winter Edition”
Use the comment section below to tell us which is your favorite outfit and why!
Maybe we’ve been spending too much time in Southern California, but goddamnn it’s cold here in NYC!! So cold that I had to break out the full-face ski mask for Fashion Week.
I forgot to lift it up when I walked into a corner store the other day…things got a little awkward at the cash register.
- Black Ski Mask from Army/Navy Store ·
- Plaid flannel suit ·
- Red micro houndstooth shirt ·
- Burgundy wool knit tie Vintage ·
- Black unlined leather gloves by Saks Fifth Avenue ·
- Watch by Montblanc Timewalker Automatic ·
- “Jodhpur” leather ankle boots by ShoePassion.com
“When I photographed my buddy Baxter a couple months ago I totally fell in love with this thrifted leather jacket that he turned into a one-of-a-kind work of art using a paint pen. When I was thinking about what to wear to NYFW I knew I wanted to incorporate it somehow and he was nice enough to let me borrow it. It’s going to be so hard to return it when we get back to LA…”
- Vintage Leather Jacket ·
- Burgundy Button Down Shirt from a Thrift Store ·
- Gloves and Hat from a street vendor ·
- Black Boots by JD Fisk
- · Mid Gray Flannel Suit
“I just buy classic clothes that I know I’ll wear for a long time and that’ll keep me looking like a gentleman. It’s investing rather than splurging.”
- Tan moleskin topcoat by Banana Republic ·
- Blue spread collar shirt by Ralph Lauren ·
- Scarf Vintage ·
- Captoe lace-ups by Johnston & Murphy
- · Gray Three-Piece Glenplaid Suit
Thanks, as always, for reading.
Yours in style,
Articles of Style
Photography by Alex Crawford